Captivate 2012 Resident Evil 6 and DmC Trailer roundup
Captivate has just blown up the Internet overnight with a slew of new details and info for Resident Evil 6 and DmC, most interesting of which is that the release date for RE6 has been pushed forward to October. Hit the jump for new trailers.
Resident Evil 6
Game Director Eiichiro Sasaki stated there will be 3 different scenarios featuring a different character and type of gameplay, and commented on the length of the campaign.
“In terms of length, each character’s story is a little bit less than RE5 but when you combine them together you’re getting something that is much longer. While each character’s story stands alone, all of the characters wind up in the same area of the game, in China, so there is a certain level of overlap. They stand on their own but they do overlap in certain areas. You don’t have to play them all, of course.
via Nowgamers article“
- Wesker Jr’s real name is Jake Muller
- Each playable character has a different gameplay focus
- Leon = RE4, Chris = RE5, Muller = “something new”
- New enemies are a result of the C-Virus
- A “totally new control scheme” has been employed
- North America, China and Eastern Europe are locations in the game
- Solo and co-op, both online and offline.
- Zombies return.
- The J’avo take damage based on where you shoot them.
- Damage a part enough without destroying, that part mutates, becomes more powerful
- The C-Virus can make enemies undergo “Chrysalide”, which “take the mutation process even further as they can undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures”
- Mercenaries Mode will return
- Shooting while moving, sliding, rolling, cover and enhanced melee attacks are in
- Demo included with Dragon’s Dogma hits July 3rd for XBox, Sept 4 for PS3.- Nemesis556 from NeoGAF