441 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne CBD
A short while back Coconut House on Elizabeth Street underwent some renovations. Shortly after it reopened, Little Coconut House appeared as well, just 3 doors down! So what’s the difference?
It’s the end of the financial year again and once again we have crazy game clearances going on. But this year GAME are getting in as well with what seems to be the ‘sale to end all sales’. Here’s what I managed to pick up:
- Football Manager – $2
- Infinite Undiscovery – $8
- Last Remnant – $8
- Lips – $8
- Fight Night Round 3 – $2
- Guitar Hero World Tour – $8
- Assassins Creed – $2
- Dante’s Inferno – $24
- Magna Carta 2 – $24
- Chronicles of Riddick – $12
- Where the Wild things Are x2 $8 each
- FEAR2 – $8
- Terminator Salvation 360 – $4
- Terminator Salvation PS3 – $8
- Armored Core 4 – $8
- 2x Wirelesss 360 Mics – $5 each
- SingStar Pops – $20
- SingStar Queen – $20
- Borderlands – $30
- Dragonball Raging Blast – $20
- Ghostbusters – $20
- SingStar Wireless Mics – $30
- Armored Core 4 – $15
- God of War Collection – free after trading Wild Things & Terminator
- Transformers – free after trading FEAR2, Wild Things and a copy of Wolverine I had
So yeah, I managed to get quite a few not so great games that I’ve been holding out on a while now. Whether I’ll actually get to playing them is another question :S
Saint-ism finally has it’s own domain name!
Please use www.saint-ism.com in the future
Recently I made a rather big mistake in buying the gimped PAL version of FF8 on PSN. After spending 20 or so hours doing a “no level up” challenge, I bought the NA version off the US Playstation Store instead and was desperate for a way to convert my PAL save game over.
After hours of tinkering with the .psv file straight from the PS3, I sadly discovered there’s currently no way to actually do this, as the PS3 puts some kind of protection on it’s PS1 saves which prevents modifying them directly.
Allow me to repeat. There is currently no known way to edit a .PSV file and re upload to your PS3. Your PS3 will treat it as corrupted data due to some checksums put on the file. Hence the need for this guide.
Instead, I found another way, which was to use the PSP to fix up the save before copying it over to the PS3.
While I wasn’t able to convert my save over, I was able to get the next best thing, which was to hack up a saved game with all my previous items on it. However, if you do know how to convert PS1 saved games between regions, then this guide can also be used.
Here’s what you need for this:
- A modified PSP with FF8
- A PS3 with FF8
- CWCheat installed on the PSP
- PSX Game Edit
- PSV Exporter
- Hyne’s FF8 save file editor (which edits saves from every single version of FF8 possible, including emulator, PC, PS1, PS3. It can edit .PSV files but obviously you can’t use them)
- A USB drive
For $75 at a recent EB sale, I couldn’t resist upgrading my copy of Bioshock 2, to the special edition. The box includes:
- Unique , collector quality box
- Bioshock 2 art book, 168 pages, hardcover
- Authentic 12″ vinyl LP with the originial Bioshock ochestral score
- Audio CD with the Bioshock 2 ochestral score
- 3 vintage Rapture advertisements
I’m not sure if the rest of the world got the limited edition, but Australia and Europe got this ‘special’ version of HR which was convieniently priced the same as the normal version.